When I discovered that my snazzy new smart phone had a front and rear facing camera this happened in my head:
- I could take a picture of my genitals and then a picture of me looking at my genitals without moving my camera.
- I shouldn’t do this should I?
- No I should definitely NOT do this.
- But I’m curious now.
- Don’t do it! You’ll forget that you have taken these pictures and then lend someone your phone and then they will be bored and they will look through all your pictures and they will see your genitals. You will have given your phone to someone who should never see your adult genitals; your Grandmother or your Great Uncle.
- Go on. Do it.
- No! You’ll get drunk and decide it will be a great idea to upload the pictures to your blog as some kind of edgy art project that seeks to talk about the self-reflective techno-sexualisation that the modern world is currently failing to address.
I am currently teetering on the edge of that last point.
Stupid technology filling my head full of terrible thoughts of exciting and interesting ideas for expressing myself.
4 thoughts on “Culture of Illusion – Smart Phone. Stupid Owner.”
LOL! That thought never crossed my mind, ever >_>
Just. So. Tempting.
Definitely giggled at this. I’m sure the person who put the first camera in a phone took pictures of exactly that.
I am sure, in the far future, when aliens come to visit, that all that the only pictures that will have remained of us on our ancient computers will be self-taken genital pictures. The aliens will wonder how we made such enormous cities and such wondrous technology when we appeared to have no opposable thumbs…